Sunday, June 21, 2009

Yikes!

I have no idea who I am anymore.... Can you help me?
Where is the brooding bitch that I see in the mirror everyday?
Fuck My Life...am I actually happy?!

I know its only been a week or so but honestly, me working has changed my whole outlook completely!
I'm not home enough to be totally consumed by the stress of child-rearing, and I don't work enough to not have time with my family.
Perfect balance.
I contribute this fact that I flirt immensely with my new boss....lets call him Todd, and I have landed an excellent schedule.
Sunday - Off....I LOVE this, Sunday Funday = no work. Come football season I will be knuckling buffalo wings and beer...without having to find coverage for my shift.
Monday - Work the lunch shift, out by 5.
Tuesday - off
Wednesday - night shift...starts at 5 and I'm home by 10
Thursday - night shift...and I get to work in the lounge area, so I cocktail waitress...meaning I bat my eyelashes and shake my ass to all the 30+ men out looking to escape life, or their wives.
Friday - off ...I may be a mother of 3 but I also like to go out and get completely smashed once in a while.
Saturday - Double...this is the only day that sucks.. but I worked last night and made $400. Thank you very much!

So thanks to my good looks and charm I have the best schedule in the joint. Todd is so cute. Wish he wasn't married, and wish that I wasn't about to be married. ha ha
He's a little overweight but I am not one to be a stickler for shape. As long as you re not over 300 lbs I'm game. Its more about personality for me. Granted, his mushy lips and sparkling blue eyes are what drew me to him in the first place, but its his puppy dog demeanor and laugh that hooked me.

I know what you re thinking...I am not planning on breaking up his marriage and or my relationship, it just gives me a sense of excitement to get to work and look decent, and run circles around the other waitresses.... always the competitor.

3 comments:

  1. Keri! I am so happy for you - sounds like a new job was the perfect thing to help boost your confidence. There's nothing like the feeling of independence that comes from earning a decent wage and having your home/work schedules in balance. It doesn't hurt to have an admirer or two, either!

    Oh, and thank you so much for your lovely comment on my (old-ish) post... It was a really tough night for both of us, but things are definitely improving.

    Lots of love, hot mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you think you can get me a job there? Thats an amazing schedule and your boss sounds dreamy!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I walk around at work and shake my ass and unbutton my shirt all the way down...unfortunately, I work in an office and my actions are frowned upon...go figure...

    ReplyDelete